Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Delicadeza: Custom's IAS Director Milo Maestrecampo Resigns Amid Allegations of Receiving Bribe Money

Import Assessment Services (IAS) director Milo Maestrecampo has resigned from the Bureau of Customs (BOC) on Tuesday, August 8. He was among those Custom officials who allegedly received P27,000 bribe money in exchange of allowing the entry of shabu worth P6.4-billion into the country. Read the full content of his resignation letter below.



"Though Mark Taguba at the late evening of the Congressional hearing on 07 August 2017 essentially cleared my name; that it appears that there was a group of people he referred to as Davao Group under Tita Nanie using the name of Import Assessment Services (IAS) to collect money from him." Maestrecampo's resignation letter reads on the first part.

"But it was too late because his earlier mentioning my name was already captured by media thus having my name dragged into this." He wrote further, noting that the Customs broker might have been pressured to include his name as one of corrupt BOC officials. Nevertheless, he emphasized that he resigned because of honor, and not the accusation.

"In order to fight for my honor and integrity and in the name of 'delicadeza,' I hereby tender my resignation and submit to investigations in order to clear my name," the last part reads, with Maestrecampo addressing his resignation letter directly to President Rodrigo Duterte. The former Magdalo soldier has categorically denied all the accusations against him.

Credit: Raph Bosano/ABS-CBN News


"I am not receiving money from illicit activities. I'm contented with my sahod. What I can say, when I go back to BOC, I will step down from my appointed post. I will submit everything. Na-affect po yung pangyayari. I can probably be a rebel, but I'm not a thief," Maestrecampo said, referring to his participation in the so-called Oakwood Mutiny back in 2003.



Aside from Maestrecampo, Taguba also included Customs deputy commissioner Teddy Raval, Manila International Container Port (MCIP) district collector Vincent Maronilla, MCIP Customs Intelligence and Investigation Service district intelligence officer Teodoro Sagaral, a deceased Major Gutierrez, CIIS director Neil Estrella, a certain Maita and Jayson.

Contributed by Abner Esteno

1 comment:

  1. BESIDES IN CLEARING YOUR NAME: THE MOST WORST OF ALL IS THAT HOW MANY LIVES WILL BE RUINED: DEATHS, CRAZY, FAMILY PROB. CRIMINALS ENGAGE IN RAPE,HOLD UPS, MASSACRES ETC. THOSE WILL BE THE EFFECT OF THOSE DRUGS. MR. MILO MAESTRECAMPO.

    ReplyDelete