Monday, November 20, 2017

Watch: Jordanian Actress Mais Hamdan Makes Fun of Filipino Accent in English on Live TV, Apologizes (Videos)

A celebrity in Egypt, Jordanian actress Mais Hamdan recently appeared on a comedy show live on TV, where she made fun of Filipino accent when speaking in English. She even pretended to speak in English like a Filipino, but in a very insulting way. Nevertheless, she later said she was very sorry. Watch the videos of her joke and public apology below.



Hamdan, who is also a comedian and has appeared in several local TV shows and movies, appeared in the TV show ‘Lahonwas,’ and spoke in her local dialect. Shortly, she demonstrated a situation in Dubai where she claimed she heard a Filipina saleslady talking to a customer. Show host Hicham Haddad laughed, as well the audience.

“How are you Ma’am and Sir?”
“Good morning!”
“How are you today?”
“Marry Christmas.” (instead of Merry Christmas)
“Ma’am, today we have a new collaction.” (instead of collection)
“You can buy everything at 50%. Ma’am, we that one in black and that one in yellow.”
“No Ma’am, we don’t have red in that one. If you want that one Ma’am,I will call my supervisor, and get from the other store. I will ask that one.”
“Ma’am, if you come back tomorrow, that 50% will finish.”
“Ma’am, you’re so pretty.”
“Oh, my God, she is so pretty.”

Shortly after, a lot of Filipino netizens were offended by Hamdan’s joke rushed to her social accounts and criticized her. On Sunday, November 19, she released a series of videos in her official Instagram account, saying she was very sorry. She noted that she had no intention of insulting anyone, and that it was only part of her job as a comedian.

Must Read: * Anti Duterte Supporter Slams Pinoys Who Were Offended by Mais Hamdan’s Joke About Filipinos


pilipinas Wag kayo magalit sa kin Mahalna mahal ko kayo❤

A post shared by Mais Hamdan (@maishamdanoff) on



“First of all, I would like to apologize from the bottom of my heart and to say that I did not really mean to insult or mock or hurt anyone. I did not mean to cause or to be the reason for negativity. I’m an actress and a comedian, and you know, my job is to sometimes impersonate and imitate languages, different and various dialects.” Mais Hamdan said.



“I do actors, anchors, celebrities, and you know, I do it with a little bit exaggeration to just to add a comic factor. I’ve never meant to insult anyone. It was never meant to be serious. You know what I mean? I hope you guys understand where I’m coming from. All I want is to throw a smile on your faces, no more, no less. Please accept my apologies.” She added.

Contributed by Karenina Saulo

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mon guys she apologized,give her a chance,show them the real attitude of Filipinos..Big Heart..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete