Friday, February 9, 2018

VP Robredo Sees Former Nanny, Yaya Tating in Evacuation Center, “I Did Not Recognize Her”

Vice President Leni Robredo accidentally saw her former nanny, Yaya Tating again in an evacuation center in Legaspi. According to her, the old lady took good care of her since she was born until she reached the age of seven. The vice president posted a photo of her with her Yaya Tating on her personal Facebook page, Friday, February 9.

“My Yaya Tating! She took care of me from the time I was born until I was about 7 years old. She left us when she got married. After she left, she visits my Mom but those visits have been few and far between. I have not seen her for a very long time.” VP Robredo wrote, as caption of their photo together wearing all smiles while hugging each other.

Loading...

“I saw her when I visited an evacuation center in Legazpi last week. I did not recognize her at first but she approached me and hugged me very tightly.” She added. And although it was not clear why Yaya Tating is at the evacuation center, it can be assumed that she left her house because of the threat of Mayon Volcano eruption.

Meanwhile, the Supreme Court (SC), which acts as the Presidential Electoral Tribunal (PET), said that it will finally start the vote recount of the 2016 vice presidential race on March 18. This is in relation with the electoral protest filed by former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr, who lost from VP Robredo by only 263,473 votes.

This latest development of the Marcos vs Robredo election case came after a week of word war between both camps. It started on January 29 when Bongbong Marcos dared VP Robredo to withdraw all pending motions before the PET to be able to immediately proceed with the vote recount. However, Robredo’s camp dismissed his challenge.



“He (Bongbong) only has to blame himself for filing a weak and flawed election protest that the Presidential Electoral Tribunal (PET) has to resolve many preliminary matters before the case could move on,” Atty. Romulo Macalintal, Robredo’s legal counsel, said in a press conference, noting that Marcos was the real cause of the delay of the recount.

Contributed by Renato Pasayao

No comments:

Post a Comment